Camp Lake features two beaches, a boat launch, boat trailer parking, picnic shelters/cookhouses and a sewer dump station for your convenience. Take in some swimming, boating, water skiing, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking or have a game of horseshoes. There is a playground, basketball hoop volleyball court, tether ball and beach volleyball are also available for your enjoyment. The concession/office is located at the entrance to the campground where you will find flush toilets/showers, firewood, ice cream, and other concession items for sale.
Take a trip back in time at the Viking Museum. Or try a round of golf at the Viking Golf & Country. Kinsella Market on Sundays 11-4. Fresh vegetables, baking, canning/pickles, wood work, copper jewelry, beaded necklace, drawings, quilting, and more.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Flush Toilets
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- Group Camping
- Parking Lot
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Sani Station
- Tap Water
- Water Pump
- Convenience Store
- 15 Amp Hookup
- 30 Amp Hookup
- Powered RV sites
- RV (<20 feet)
- RV (<30 feet)
- RV (<40 feet)
- RV (<50 feet)
- RV (<60 feet)
- Basketball or Tennis court
- Beach Volleyball
- Boat Launch
- Cycling trails
- Designated Swimming Area
- Horseshoe Pits
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Outdoors games
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Campground Rules and Regulations
- Any foul and/or abusive language or threatening behavior towards our staff WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Violation of this WILL result in expulsion from the campground.
- Check in time will be 4:00PM, Check out time: 12:00PM. If you are late leaving without prior arrangement you will be charged for an additional night.
- Quiet time 11:00PM – 7:00AM.
- Consumption of alcohol out in the open is prohibited. Liquor is prohibited on roads, in washrooms, at the beach, day use picnic sites, the park and other public areas. Public drunkenness and rowdiness will not be tolerated and will result in immediate eviction.
- Smoking is prohibited in the washroom facility, on the beach and in the park.
- Campsites are only guaranteed for camping nights that are paid for. Campground fees cannot be refunded once checked in for any reason.
- Liquid and solid waste must be disposed of in receptacles provided. Pouring waste water on open ground or in your camp site is prohibited. A sewer dump station is available for your use.
- No children under 18 years may rent a campsite or camp in a trailer by themselves. Parents are responsible for their children and any damages they may cause.
- Unsightly sites will not be tolerated. Please keep your site clean and free of garbage. Garbage cans are available throughout the campground for your convenience, PLEASE DO NOT LITTER.
- Do not damage, cut, or remove trees or bushes from the campsites. Any damage done is an offence and you can be charged.
- Do not use fireworks, sparklers, fire crackers or caps any where in the campground.
- Obey restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Build fires only in fire rings provided for that purpose. Firewood must be small enough to fit inside the fire ring. Do not put garbage in fire pits. Do not start fires with gasoline or camping fuel. Keep flammable materials away from campfires. Be sure your campfire is completely extinguished before leaving your site or going to sleep at night. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING FIRES UNDER CONTROL.
Campers will be evicted and/or fined if any of these rules are violated. If the nature of the offense is criminal or violates any laws, police will be called and eviction will be immediate without a refund.
Campground Pet and Owner Rules
Due to the increasing number of pets in the campground, the following rules will apply:
1. Pets must be kept on a leash always even in your camp site.
2. You must clean up after your pet.
a) Please bag pet waste and put it in the garbage containers. Do not put un-bagged waste in the containers.
b) If campground staff must clean pet waste from your site after you check out, you will be charged a $10 fine.
3. Absolutely no pets are allowed in the concession, washrooms, on the beach or in the park.
4. Dogs with aggressive behavior are not allowed in the park.
5. Barking dogs will not be tolerated.
a) When you leave your campsite, put your dog in your camper or in a kennel. Do not leave dogs unattended in a campsite. Children may cut through the site and encounter a dog trying to defend its territory. Dogs tend to bark or howl for their owners when they are left alone in a strange place. If your dog is howling or barking while you are gone, it is unpleasant for your neighbors. Make sure your dog is inside, hydrated and comfortable, so everyone else can enjoy their stay too.
On May 6, 2020 Beaver County Council made the decision to open Beaver County’s campgrounds on June 1, 2020 based on recommendations established for Provincial campgrounds by the Province of Alberta and Alberta Health Services
These recommendations include:
- Only up to 50% capacity, every other site is closed
- Only one unit per site, & you are confined to your site, no visiting other campers in other sites.
- No group camping
- No out of province campers.
- No Playgrounds opened, basketball, volleyball or tether ball,
- No benches, picnic shelters to be used
- No public showers
- One person at a time allowed into concession or those belonging to the same family
- Boat launch is open but only people from the same family allowed into the boat.
- Beach is closed,
- Gates locked at night.
- Day use area will remain closed until further notice.
The health and safety of our residents, visitors, staff, and contractors is our top priority. These measures are in line with Provincial recommendations to practice physical distancing.
The complete rules and regulations for the campgrounds are still being developed by the Province and will be posted as soon as they are released, which will impact Beaver County campgrounds also.
Please read all posted signage.
Absolutely no refunds for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures for any reason..
The management reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of those guests whose behavior is deemed unsuitable. No refunds will be offered.
Total silence must be respected between 11 p.m. until 7 a.m.
Gates are locked at 11 p.m. and reopened at 7 a.m. unless alternate arrangements have been made.
Bookings are nominative and non-transferable.
We require 120 hours cancellation in order to receive refund on entire reservation, otherwise
The price paid for this campsite is for one unit only. If additional units are placed in the same campsite, an additional fee for each additional unit is due to the campground upon arrival.
Arrivals: From 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Departures: Before noon.