Relax and discover this hidden gem camping spot! Tucked away close to town, the Grande Cache Municipal Campground is fully-serviced and within walking distance of several amenities including to baseball diamonds, a BMX track and Grande Cache Golf & Country Club; an excellent local course known for its stunning scenery.
Grande Cache offers a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Fishing, paddle sports, horseback riding, wildlife viewing and photographic opportunities await all visitors. There are several multi-use trails that can be accessed right from the campground.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firepit (Common)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Flush Toilets
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- General Tent Area
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Tables
- Tap Water
- Walk-in Sites
- Internet access (WiFi)
- Pull Through Sites
- 15 Amp Hookup
- 20 Amp Hookup
- 30 Amp Hookup
- Big Rig Friendly
- RV (60+ feet)
- RV (<20 feet)
- RV (<30 feet)
- RV (<40 feet)
- RV (<50 feet)
- RV (<60 feet)
- Sewer Hookup
- Water Hookup
- Cycling trails
- Offroad Trails
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
One of the best!
Great campground, very clean and quiet.
My new favorite campgroung
Cute hidden & clean!
A credit to their community
Really liked this campground
Been going here for 7 yrs.
Great campground, great location
Very quiet and clean
Wonderful place to stay
Reservations for 2020
Love this campground
Very clean and well taken care of!!
INFORMATION and CAMPGROUND POLICIES
Length of Stay Policy
- Check-in time 2:00 p.m.
- Check-out time 11:00 a.m.
- All campers must register prior to parking your RV unit or setting up your tent.
- Office hours are posted on the building.
- Site checks are done daily by staff.
Camp Permit Policies
- No one under 18 years of age will be granted a camping permit.
Number of Campers/Units
- Limit of 6 (six) people per site (excluding families exceeding 6 (six) people).
- One RV per site and one additional tent per site.
- Please use your washroom facilities in your RV
- Please keep your campsite clean at all times.
- Remember to store all food in a safe place. Do not leave any food, empty cans/bottles, garbage, dog food, or bear attractants lying around.
- Remember to keep BBQs clean.
- A bottle/can recycling bin is located across from the Wood Shed.
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Quiet time is strictly enforced and noise will not be tolerated during these hours. Please respect other campers.
- There will be zero tolerance for loud music/parties at any time.
- Campfires in designated fire pits only.
- No open or unattended fires.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- All pets must be on a leash at all times.
- You are required to clean up after your pet.
- DO NOT drain grey water into the trees or bush, work areas or grass.
- Sewage Dump is located at 9706 Shand Avenue beside the Municipal Public Works and Utilities Office
Shower, Washroom, and Laundry Facilities
- Located beside the main Campground Office.
- Shower and washroom facilities are free of charge for registered campers only.
- Washers and dryers are coin operated. Change is available during office hours only.
- Please keep the facilities clean for fellow campers.
- SELF REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- IN ADVANCE ON-LINE RESERVATIONS ONLY
Cook House and Day Use Area
- Registered Campers can book the Cook House through the Campground Office.
- Day use area is located in the centre of the campground and is for all registered campground users.
- Please keep the area clean.
- ATVs are not allowed in the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in registered campsites only.
- Any damage to trees, sites, or any camp facilities will result in payment for the cost of clean-up, repairs, or replacement.
- Liability for loss of damage to personal property or personal injury, while on campground property, is solely the responsibility of occupant and guests.
- Failure to observe the above rules may be grounds for eviction.
Find us - Driving Directions
- From Hinton, head north on Highway 40. Once in town, take the second right off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue.
- From Grande Prairie, take Highway 40 south. Take your first left off Highway 40 onto Shand Avenue as you arrive in Grande Cache.
- From Highway 40, turn east on Shand Avenue, turn left on 104 Avenue and continue onto Memorial Drive. Turn right at the Campground sign.
- Open May long weekend – October long weekend
- Office Hours 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (Note: Coins for laundry & payment for firewood during office hours only)
No refunds for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
Modifications are subject to a CDN$5,00 (five) fee.
The management reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of those guests whose behaviour is deemed unsuitable. No refunds will be offered.
Total silence must be respected between 11 p.m. until 9 a.m.
Bookings are nominative and non-transferable.
We require 72 hours cancellation in order to receive refund on entire reservation
The price paid for this campsite is for one unit only. If additional units are placed in the same campsite, an additional fee for each additional unit is due to the campground upon arrival.
Arrivals: From 2:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Departures: Before 11:00 p.m.
I, the person registered, wish to participate in overnight camping at the Grande Cache Municipal Campground in Grande Cache, Alberta.
In submitting this registration, I hereby agree as follows:
1. To save harmless and keep indemnified the Town of Grande Cache, its officials, servants, and representatives from and against all claims, injury, loss, or damage to me or all members of my party’s person.
2. That I acknowledge that there are inherent risks associated with camping/using Grande Cache Municipal Campground and that I or any member of my party could sustain personal injury through camping/using Grande Cache Municipal Campground, and I am herby accepting to take that risk on behalf of myself and all members of my party.
3. I shall accept the responsibility of observing all members of my party and usage of this facility and should I have any objection to the manner in which members of my party are participating or using this facility, I accept the responsibility to remove myself and the members of my party from the activity/facility.
This agreement shall be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, and assigns.